Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Turning Corners

It really is all about lessons learned. Our entire lives, it's either learning a lesson or repeating the same mistakes. Many of my lessons I learn from my kids. These past few days, they are teaching me about turning corners.


Seems Mommy has been waking up cranky lately. It's hard to pull myself out of bed, and get happy about being up way to early to be a short order cook and argue about why I can't get the computer on to play Nick Jr. games that I am not thrilled they discovered in the first place. Moods made worse by my plans for a lovely breakfast of hot chocolate and free pastries at Starbucks gone to pot because my children can't sit still and feel the need to sit upside down in the chairs, yell to loud, fight with each other, talk back to me and spill their $4 cups of Vivianno's all over the floor. Days made worse by not taking naps, demanding cookies and strawberries instead of eating what I made, whining because I'm not sitting where I am told or allowing jumping off the coffee table or pulling on my hair. Lesson is, find something to turn the corner. My kids do it all the time. They can easily let the garbage of the minute go...


A trip to the beach, meeting strangers and sharing cookies, just made the day a great day.






Finding friends and eating lunch amidst the hot chocolate stained clothes, still makes them smile.






And the smallest compliments about my parenting or my blog, has helped me to turn my corner today. Finding a new friend and having my heart kissed by and old one make me humble and grateful among the frustration and loneliness. Thanks to my friends and my boys for helping me to not repeat the same mistakes. Special thanks for Jacki and Andrea for helping me feel like a king!

2 comments:

  1. This post definitely helped me turn a corner!!! I guess it helps when we know we're all in "it" together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so hear ya. and my blog is a huge release for me. writing and sewing and just creativity in general have been "me" time.
    hugs.
    nicola
    http://whichname.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete