Friday, July 24, 2009

Let the Squeals Fly!

I never realized until today, how many things in life there are to squeal about. When I am out with my boys, I feel like I am always telling them, "No squealing please! Please turn down the volume. Softer voices!"


Seriously, why? WHY? Today, if it's worth squealing about, let's just let it out!

Today the items of squeal deliciousness were the following.


Chocolate milkshakes for lunch!

Playing in the water fountain, tossing in pennies and just getting sprayed with the water streams.













Jumping off the flower bed benches.




As I am older however, I found other things that were making me squeal. Living in Cape May, I have not gotten used to the a la cart way of ordering food here. French fries are always extra and cost as much as the meal where in Maryland, everything was served with a side of fries or it was unpatriotic. So I squealed when I ordered one kids meal of mac and cheese to split, fries and a sandwich with the a drink and the kids shakes and was handed a $44 bill. Squealing like a pig I was... on the inside. On the outside, I just said "Thank you, have a great summer!" Inside saying, Because we sure as heck won't be back. Hot dogs and chips on the back porch for us!



Seeing the kids playing with this tea cup sized 10 week old Yorkie puppy, and as they squealed, it did tug at my heart. So freggin' cute! I toyed with the idea of getting one, and having a little dog to sit on my lap as I blog, as the other two monsters warm my feet like slippers. I asked the woman how much they were, knowing it was coming. And yep... SQUEEEEEEEEEAL! (Followed by a *gasp* *hack* and *cough*) $1500. She wouldn't sell me one until the boys are 5 years old anyway, so that was that. I do need to get into dog breeding!


When I got home however, I did have the child-like squeal that I envy of my boys. There was flowers in my sun room (weird story how they got delivered there, but ok!) from my best friend Rebecca. We had a email fight, so retarded...and we fixed it. But she still ordered me a wonderful gift that had me crying like a baby and left me with the long sought ofter squeal of delight. Geesh, this gal really knows how to say sorry! I'm gonna be making up for this one for a while, but meanwhile, I am loving my flowers.

SQUEEEEEEEEEAL!


2 comments:

  1. Love this post!! Stopping by from Chicken Nuggets! Want to say hello and welcome to bloggy land! Also, love your pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lee! So appreciate you stopping over and saying Hi!

    ReplyDelete