Thursday, July 16, 2009

Texas

Now, what I am about to write is in good humor. I love my husband and he hails from the grand state of Texas. His family, all adorable! Even Uncle Leo who likes to hug and jiggle me a little too much... ok, maybe not Uncle Leo.

I worked a lot in Texas when I was doing telecom training. Plano, which lived up to it's name with it's vast miles and miles of flat land was indeed on the more plain side. I also saw parts of Dallas, and San Antonio. Thanks to Terry, I have gotten to experience visiting relatives in Lewisville, Denton and Lubbock.

We often wonder where it is we should retire too, (Well when Terry retires and Heidi starts her career.) and Texas does offer him a wonderful opportunity to use his GI bill and get a huge education all express free. So there is a chance, we might end up back in TX, if not just for a few years. However, I am concerned.
Top Ten Reasons I’d get kicked out of Texas
1. I’d be considered a tree hugger, for asking “Do we recycle?”
2. If everything is bigger in Texas, consider the size of my mouth after crossing that state line.
3. They would have to repaint the state, to include a blue dot to represent our house.
4. I don’t know who played for Dallas Wide receiver in 1984.
5. I don’t care who played for Dallas wide receiver in 1984.
6. I can see a clear distinction between two same sex humans getting married and someone who wants to marry their dog.
7. I believe in evolution and spirituality and believe neither have to do with the church. (I could get shot there for this one.)
8. I believe in teaching children to write thank you notes.
9. I find it ridiculous/laughable to have to drive across a county line or have a license to buy booze but you can bum a cigarette off a 8 year.
10. My sarcasm would not be recognized, and I would end up with a gun rack mounted to the grill of my car.
Lets face it, there are plenty of reasons I would get kicked out of Texas, and here is the main reasons why:




Little Mermaid and Care Bear pillows, that's one thing, but the other pics in TX could amount to a phone call to Children's Services.


This being said, I do love that most restaurants in TX, have Diet Dr. Pepper as a drink option. There is always a silver lining. So I can have a healthy choice with my deep fried veggie of the day and steak with honey butter. (actually, that sounds really good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment