Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Captains Log No. 1

Is it any surprise that my first post, I name and make reference to one of the all time over the top actors and characters played by Mr. William Shatner; James......T......Kirk.

No offense to Mr. Shatner by the way, but loved the new movie. Then again, I seem to be drawn to all thing Star Trek, even though my affection for Trek in general only hits on mild amusement in the grand scheme of my entertainment values.


I am a geek however. Dungeons and Dragons my first love. I just can't stay away from that desperate adventuring sorcerer who is too impatient especially by elven standards to stay and study at school and must at the tender age of 153, venture out to see what lurks in the woods. I attended Dundracon for some years in a row. My new husband and I attended our last con in San Ramon, CA with our less than one year old baby. While we didn't dress up, we did dress him like a little dragon thus only beginning his career of dressing up with careless abandon.

For sure, other items will be revealed about myself and the things I say, thus an understanding will emerge of why this blog is named, "Over the top". For now, I will just open the door with these few tid-bits and let our understanding of each other begin.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, is that who I think it is? My guy... so tiny. Welcome to the Blogosphere my friend. I know you're gonna be adored and showered with stalkers! um followers.

    ReplyDelete