Sunday, August 2, 2009

Interesting....

I went to a barbecue at 10am this morning.

It was with old friends from high school, and I couldn't have been more thrilled to see them. I was particularly impressed to see that one of the guys came up sans wife, just to see us from LA. On a trip that most people won't come across the Altamont pass to come see us, (over a big hill for my east cost friends!) he parted from his wife he adores (which was so obvious and lovely to see) to come up and say hi.



And what daring tales, stories of success and funny antic dotes did I have to offer him for his journey? Nada...



My kids were fighting with the other kids, yelling not sharing. There was a full fledged tantrum at one point and we had to take a time out in the court, where everyone walking their dog was giving me strange sneers. My jokes went over like lead balloons and came off as sarcastic and at times just insulting. I used to be funny.



So, in an effort to feel less like a boring fuddy duddy typical stay at home and eat bon bon's Mom... I am going to go WAY out on a limb here and post things about me that prove... I am an interesting person!



Top Ten Reasons Heidi is an Interesting Person:

10. I peed in a gutter in traffic in downtown San Francisco.

9. I write for an online RPG Star Trek storytelling board. (RPG=Roll Playing Game)

8. I can pick things up with my toes.

7. I had to bail my father out of jail to come to my wedding. (We danced to Jailhouse Rock for our father daughter dance.)

6. I rode topless horseback in Mexico. (More like sat on the horse, riding would have been a whole lotta bouncing... you get the jist)

5. It took me 10 years to get my 4 year degree.

4. Sadly, I lost my mother and step-father to suicide, but have come out with lessons learned. (I said interesting, not all happy go lucky.)

3. I look really good in teal, but my favorite color is yellow.

2. When I am stressed, I bake cookies. Done this since I was 7 years old.

1. I can't get though an entire step class without having to pee. Sometimes, I just wear a pad to soak it up.



Apparently I am not all that embarrassed to share some revolting details about my life.


Guess that's what makes me...Over the Top!

No comments:

Post a Comment