Friday, August 21, 2009

Meaningless Consumer Driven Lives

If you can name the movie that quote is from, I will send you a banana!



I just wanted to say, how ridiculous I think it is that resturants and grocery stores are installing these expensive flat screen televisions for the soul purpose of selling me more crap. So now, standing in line to get my groceries, they make me watch ads! I go to the movies, I not only have to watch 20 minutes of trailers, but they tossed in TV ads and took away my entertaining movie facts and trivia.



I'm all for creative advertising. Go ahead and pay someone to drive his car in commute traffic with your signs plastered all over the place. But can you at least make them helpful or funny? What happened to the creating actual ads that you could remember because they were artistic or spoke on a personal level. I want that car ad to say, "I just say you pick your nose. Skype!" In the Wendy's with the broken doors but brand new TV, at least be honest. "Hey you, eating that mega combo... weight watchers in this area is by the mall. You can still eat here, it's just a kids meal with oranges." I want creativity back in advertising rather than just sheer mass bombardment.



That's all I am saying...



BTW.. I will let you know when my Cheerios Box comes out. Lol

4 comments:

  1. Amen Sistah! I agree. I don't go to the movies to watch trailer's or ads. In fact, when I watch a DVD, I FF through all that crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you 100%! Take a look back to the 50s. You can't forget THOSE ads. 50 years later they're STILL with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quote would be from "10 Things I Hate About You". Seriously, like you didn't already think I was going to get this? LOL

    ReplyDelete