Friday, August 7, 2009

Viewer Descretion Advised

Special treat for you tonight, as we can laugh at my misery together!

On our wonderful vacation here in Cali, we took the kids to the river for some water play fun, and to see if we could loose a whiney one in the current. (oops, did I say that out loud?) While taking off my sandals, I used my big toe to pull the sandal off the other foot. First sandal came off fine. Second one however, slipped and caught my toenail, and ripped it all the way back.

We looked at it, it was numb at first. I thought, oh, maybe I didn't bend it back. Then it started oozing out blood like the green blob coming out from under the door, from all the sides. I went in the river, and thought I was going to have to chase my nail down the current. It was painful and gross.

Now my ankle is staring to get soar, for over compensating for the buggard toe. For three days I just put a bandaid over it and prayed it would reattach. Rebecca, looked up toenail injuries on the net however, and we decided the nail needed to come off. She assured me it wasn't reattaching, and was only going to grow mushrooms.


The part you don't see, is me, cutting of the remaining loose nail, trying to clean out what was left, and the SMELL which is horrid. (Does anyone know what Gangreen smells like?) We didn't tape this because I wasn't sure that I wasn't going to puke.


This is not for the squirmish. But for all you sicko's, here's the video and still pictures of before and after.
Follow the link to the actual video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk2ggS1SJ0


Gotta wait 18 months for this sucker to grow back.

I promise my next post to be less stomach churning.

No comments:

Post a Comment