Friday, August 28, 2009

Beautiful Flower

Did everyone enjoy the humidity today like I did? I know most people take three or four showers to try to beat the heat, but I just layed around and stayed stinky. I can't be loosing the shower war if I never participate in the race.

Plus I got to chase the kids with scary armpit itchies.

Speaking of scary, our garden. Before we bought the house, the previous owners were massive gardeners. There are plants I don't recognize and bulbs everywhere. I never know if something is a weed or something that's supposed to be there. So I have stopped just ripping out everything and waiting to see what blooms.


Today with all the rain, something bloomed in the garden. In between thunder storms and torrential downpours, I was able to snap a couple pictures. It was an orange flower, no shocker because the previous owners seemed to have a thing for orange flowers.



Now those picture are a bit blurry, but you can see it's beautiful colors. Let me show you a picture of it, with a little sharpness.

Yes my friends.. the beautiful blossoms are made entirely out of insects. And that's New Jersey!


2 comments: