Tuesday, August 25, 2009

For all our bored people

I barely ever watch the news. Now I know why. Besides being annoyed that the show was only giving us information that made interesting sound bites and warned us that the CDC estimates up to 50% of all Americans will contract the swine flu this year in a sentence that was shorter than this one... it reminded me how when people are bored, their stupid starts to show.

Two headline news reports proves Darwin's Theory isn't working as these people are inflicted with some serious stupid.
I haven't been into football really since my first child was born, but I did recently learn of a little drama involving Brett Farve, the handsome cameo star of "There's something about Mary," and pretty well known quarterback, retired, no wait... quarterback... yeah... no.. wait.. what was the question?

As much as his life decisions make absolutely no impact on anything, people are taking this really very seriously. So much, a woman felt the need to take a goat, shave a #4 on it it, paint it purple and yellow (Viking colors for those who didn't catch that) and stuff it in her trunk. When the police found the goat in her trunk, they asked what she was intending to do with it, she said "Kill it." I don't know who is more stupid, this woman... or the prosecutors who are still debating if animal cruelty charges are going to be pressed.



The second story that caught my attention, was the three men who broke into a local zoo, to feed a gorilla pop tarts. This ranks right up there with the two guys who broke into the SF Zoo a few years ago and brought their girlfriends penguins. This one ranks above that however, because one of the guys who needed to give the gorilla sugar high, was a police officer. Seriously, way too many donuts.
That gorilla's got game!
But you know what, this turned out to be a feel good day for the news. Just when I start to loose all faith in humanity I realize, I am not feeling all that bad anymore about not working out or being dumb enough to rip off my own toenail while trying to take off my sandal. I'm still above the curve!

So give me another scoop of ice cream, and let the news roll on. Let's see what's happening to Gotham City tonight.




So when life turns into a comic strip... send in the super heroes!

1 comment: