Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Where is the futuristic food in a pill?

I know you are thinking, what the heck is that? Is that the future food? This, is one round carrot on a plate. I put the dishes from dinner tonight though our first cycle of wash, aka.. let the dogs clean the plates before I put them in the dish washer. Low and behold... even the dogs won't eat the veggies! They too, leave the loan carrot on the plate, just in case the ants want to have a go at ignoring it as well.
Yeah.. you two! I'm talking about you fuzzballs! Next thing you know they are going to ask for a back of goldfish and lemonade for dinner instead, just like my sons.


I hate that I have become one of those Moms, the picky eater holds me hostage. I know I deserve it as I was horribly picky when I was young, right through my 20's. I am even picky now which is why I am so hell bent on wanting my kids to try new things and get used to the idea that food comes in more froms than a box or can. Regardless, I am that mom with the idol threats of sending them to bed hungry but can't handle the thought of their little tummies rumbling in the middle of the night. So I usually give in to a banana or like tonight, a bag of goldfish. Just get the teeth brushed and we'll try it all again tomorrow. It's just me and the carrots on our crusade... lonely on this side of the veggie war!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the dogs!! Mine are the same way. They would eat around everything but the veggies!! Just like my kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm that same kind of mom...when Matthew won't eat whatever I'm making (which is almost always), I make the threat of "you will not have anything else tonight and will go to bed hungry!" And then I worry that I'm starving him and end up giving him a PB&J or something! All we can do is try again the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chi & Bri... come on peeps help a momma out! You KNOW she needs it. Really, perros you KNOW you need your veggies too.. set a good example for your bros! ~Love Auntie Lara

    ReplyDelete